Do You Deserve a Daddy Do-Over?
Posted on: September 9, 2019 in Daddy Do-Over
5 Min Read
Have you heard of a Mommy Makeover? Well, now mothers are not the only ones getting into the plastic surgery game after the trials of raising a child.
More men are turning to plastic surgery to enhance their physical contour and facial appearance. This is becoming known as a Daddy Do-Over.
While men do not experience the physical changes of pregnancy and childbirth, some men still experience shifts in their appearance after becoming a parent.
Men’s lifestyles change dramatically with fatherhood, and these changes can affect their physical appearance.
Facial and body contouring procedures allow men to regain the bodies that they had in their youth.
What Is a Daddy Do-Over?
Just because you are a father, it does not mean that you have to accept the “dad bod.”
Changes in diet and exercise, reduced sleep, and increased stress all tend to occur with parenthood, and these situations cause premature aging of the face and tissue laxity on the body.
A Daddy Do-Over uses a combination of male plastic surgery and non-invasive procedures to target the areas that are most likely to have experienced changes.
This surgical makeover is beneficial for men in their 30s or 40s who are trying to lose weight but are struggling or have plateaued, or men that are dissatisfied with the inevitabilities of aging and gravity.
What Are the Benefits of a Daddy Do-Over?
As men settle into their new roles as fathers, it is not always easy to set aside time for themselves. This can make activities like going to the gym, eating healthy, or taking a few minutes to relax and unwind seem like a far-off dream.
Not seeing the physique or complexion that you want can prove to be emotionally challenging and confidence-damaging. No one enjoys seeing the gradual increase of wrinkles or the formation of fat pockets on the sides of the body.
These signs of aging can contribute to men pulling into their shells or feeling as though they want to hide.
These procedures allow dads to take some time for themselves so that they too can experience the lasting benefits provided with plastic surgery.
There is little denying that men and women who feel confident and happy with the way that they look are more open and comfortable. And those are feelings that everyone deserves to have for the benefit of themselves and their children.
What Can A Daddy Do-Over Address?
An Aging Face
Man or woman, the effects of aging will eventually settle on the face to create wrinkles, soften facial features, and worsen facial hollows. These can be further exacerbated by the lack of sleep and the increased stress that parenthood presents.
Here are a few procedures that can combat some of these conditions:
- Surgical procedures like male eyelid surgery and male brow lift address drooping eyelids, falling eyebrows, and deep creases along the forehead.
- The surgical male facelift targets aging on the lower regions of the face, including the jawline. As a sculpted and chiseled chin is the cornerstone of a masculine physique, facelift surgery will reduce jowls and enhance jaw definition.
- For men who require additional jawline definition, a chin implant can bring out a receding chin to create a stronger profile.
- KYBELLA® is a non-surgical injectable treatment that eliminates excess submental fat. The reduction of excess fat contributes to an angular jawline.
- For men with a lesser degree of aging, BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, or XEOMIN® temporarily reduces crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead lines.
Softening of the Midsection
A loosening of the abdomen is the key feature of the dad bod.
It is difficult to maintain a firm and sculpted abdominal contour when there is so much else on your plate. Body contouring procedures provide the extra help that some men want.
- Whether the issue is love handles, a beer belly, or flabby thighs, excess fat develops in areas that are not easy to tone with diet and exercise. Liposuction targets these areas to restore slimmer, firmer contours.
- Male tummy tuck surgery tightens skin and abdominal muscles after weight fluctuations, aging, or heredity have resulted in unwanted laxity. This procedure restores tight abs and allows men to feel more comfortable with or without a shirt.
Definition of the Chest
Some men experience an unwanted increase in breast tissue as they age. Others discover that they cannot build chest muscles no matter how many weights they lift at the gym.
- Gynecomastia surgery reduces the appearance of man boobs for men that have excess fat and breast tissue. This procedure is performed through liposuction or surgical excision.
- Male pectoral enhancement uses implants to build out the chest muscles for men looking to enhance the size and definition of their chest. Scars are discreetly hidden in the armpit so men can feel comfortable baring their chest at the gym or beach.
Many men are prone to thinning hair or full hair loss as they age. Sadly, there is not much they can do about it. But there is the NeoGraft® hair restoration treatment, which restores thickness for men that experience partial or full hair loss.
This treatment uses donor hair from another region of your scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. There is no cutting and it is not uncommon to go back to work the next day or two.
Your Surgical Process
Since a Daddy Do-Over is a combination procedure that is tailored to the patient, different surgeries can be performed to address multiple areas during a single visit.
This allowed for a shorter recovery period and reduced financial costs.
To Find Out More
If you would like to learn more about the Daddy Do-Over or are looking for male plastic surgery near you, contact Dr. Halpern by calling (813) 872-2696, (800) 963-8483, or by filling out our online contact form.