How to Get a More Masculine Chest With Male Breast Reduction
Posted on: May 17, 2019 in Gynecomastia Surgery
Having a masculine physique is of the utmost importance to many men.
Unfortunately, a condition known as gynecomastia can give men excess breast fat and breast tissue that interferes with this image.
Gynecomastia can be highly embarrassing and can inhibit men from feeling confident and comfortable in their bodies.
Male breast reduction surgery can get rid of gynecomastia and give men a more attractive and masculine chest appearance.
Gynecomastia is identified by excess breast tissue and fat in the chest. Some of the causes of gynecomastia include:
- Hormone changes (especially during puberty)
- Major weight gain/fluctuations
- Drug use
- Steroid abuse
- Certain medical conditions
Gynecomastia is relatively common and often causes feelings of intense embarrassment and anxiety.
Men may refuse to go swimming without a shirt, or they may avoid baring their chests in front of others for any reason.
Affected males tend to feel self-conscious about their figures, and this can translate into other aspects of their life and influence how they interact with the world around them.
Male breast reduction is a surgical procedure that can help men get rid of their overgrown breast tissue.
Widely recognized as one of the best plastic surgery procedures for men, male breast reduction for the treatment of gynecomastia was one of the top five male cosmetic plastic surgery procedures in 2016.
In fact, gynecomastia surgery has become so popular that it has risen by an astonishing 181 percent since 1997.*
Men who undergo this treatment typically experience notable improvements in their quality of life, including peace of mind, a feeling of freedom, increased confidence, greater clothing options, and improved comfort with their bodies.
Your Options for Male Breast Reduction
For male breast reduction, there are several gynecomastia treatment options:
- Liposuction: This option removes chest fat and leaves no scarring. It is best for those men who have excess fat but no surplus breast tissue.
- Mini-scar: This option removes fat and excess breast tissue through a small incision around the areola. Scarring is minimal and blends well with the edges of the areola.
- Male breast reduction (traditional approach): This option removes fat, skin, and excess breast tissue using a larger incision. It is reserved for those with moderate or severe cases of gynecomastia.
- Ultrashape®: This option uses pulsed ultrasonic energy waves to destroy chest fat without any surgery. It is best for those with a limited amount of excess fat in the chest.
Using one of these approaches, men with gynecomastia can achieve a permanently more masculine chest contour through male breast reduction.
Want More Information?
Dr. Joshua Halpern, our board-certified plastic surgeon, has assisted men both young and old in eliminating gynecomastia and improving their body shape through male breast reduction.
* Statistics provided by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.